Protecting the future of this planet is important; what we do now is what our children will be dealing with when they’re our age! Everyone wants to save money, that’s a no-brainer. But – while you’re in the process of clipping coupons – why not look for energy efficient ways to save on your bills as well? That’s a win-win for everyone, plus – the earth! Here are five ways to save energy in an environmentally friendly way:
- Install loft or attic insulation if you don’t have any, or improve it if it’s older. It will take less energy to heat or cool your home.
- Install double glazed, energy efficient windows, then – use them! Keep them closed when you’re running your heater or your air conditioner. When the weather’s nice – open them up.
- Only buy appliances that have an “A” energy efficiency rating.
- Use your air conditioning less in the summer; ceiling fans are a terrific investment. Cutting back on your air conditioning by even an hour a day will make a noticeable difference.
- Unplug any appliances that don’t need to be left on.