There are an estimated 1,500,000 home fires every year, and approximately 30,000 of those fires are caused by a problem with the electricity in the house! The top reasons for electrical fires are generally caused by a defect in your electrical system such as:
- loose connections of wires to terminal, causes overheating, sometimes sparks
- older homes are not wired for sufficient electricity, there are few outlets in home and newer appliances and equipment pull too much energy, causing overheating
- few outlets in the walls mean many extension cords, which become hot because they are overloaded
- old cables and electrical wiring with cracked and crumbling rubber; provides no protection between hot wires and home’s structure
It’s always a good idea to hire a licensed electrician to check your entire electrical system every couple of years, especially if your home is older, if you’re buying a home, or if you’re making renovations to your home. Winter’s Electric is happy to come out and ensure the safety of your home or business by conducting an electrical inspection for you – free of charge!